My goal is to discuss the topic of impacts of covid-19 on tourism with the audience related. Many hotels and restaurants have been shut down due to covid-19. To get the exact situation of this issue, I am conducting an interview with a person who is involved in the tourism sector.

My interview will help many investors and businessman to know the situation and work carefully with this sector accordingly.

Next, I interviewed Mr. Rodgers Koeman, CEO at a Tourism firm. I tried asking less question but asked the ones which will give us a brief.

I will try to make the interview audio clearer and more interested with some ambience sound effects.

INTERVIEW WITH MR. RODGERS KOEMAN

https://soundcloud.com/adeshbir-randhawa/interview/s-xDSqaHuFKyC?si=21d6c9e879834db3a834d5f9e9590345

Interview to Get Opinions on Impact of Covid-19 on Tourism

This interview was conducted  to explore how the Coronavirus has impacted tourism. The interview was conducted to Mr. Rodgers Koeman, a CEO at Debert Tourism firm, a major tourism site in Vancouver, Canada. The following was the list of interview questions.

1. How has the emergence of the Coronavirus affected tourism markets?

Koeman: ‘Thank you for the question, as a leading member in the tourism business, I can feel that the pandemic has led to the deterioration of business because there has been a low number of guests and tourists who travel to visit our sites. The key challenge is the risk of getting infected as one moves from one point to another. Generally, I have observed that the tourism business has gone down which means businesses have to trim the number of employees working in given departments since they cannot be sustained by the domestic tourists.’

• Why do people fear to travel nowadays?

Koeman: ‘People may be obliged to maintain the protocols for preventing the spread of the virus because for instance, traveling in a plane may be a risk factor since a tourist comes across different persons who may have the infection. People are fearing to die or get subjected to hectic situations due to the suffering. Many people do not want to get subjected to quarantine measures after checking in different countries which may be costly. Therefore, they prefer to engage in other forms of adventure other than tourism.’

• Are there economic impacts so far?

Koeman: ‘Well, as I said earlier, due to loss of jobs, economic disparity has been evident since many cannot afford to make ends meet for their families and that affects the economy of the members of the public. If people are not working, there will be a stagnant economy. Okay, for my case, I feel that the Coronavirus pandemic has led to non-development for businesses that are aligned to hospitality. Hotel’s occupancy will be low, staff turnover will be high which means the income rates shall be affected hence making living to be in a contentious state at twilight.’

• What is the future of tourism and hospitality under these challenges?

Koeman: ‘I think that it might take time…well… around two years to come life won’t be easy in the tourism market as the new normal may take time to be embraced. I am optimistic that if people learn how to integrate issues, tourism will revive. For my case, as an employee, I think trends in tourism which were expected to change for better may change for worse. For example, the rates might be lower to accommodate the uneven distribution of resources due to the pandemic. Thus, it will be hard for the tourism to grow significantly as expected.’